Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery Loader Error

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey All, 

I am running into an error message when trying to run the Alteryx Gallery loader for the first time in a new Connect instance.  

Some helpful context:

• Connect, Server, and Metadata loaders are all on same version.  
  • I checked for typos while filling in UI for loader and did not see any
  • I made sure to grab the API Access Key and Secret and not the Private Studio Subscription Key
  • Loader ran for about an hour or so before the error message finally popped up.

Has anyone run into this error message before and knows how to fix it? 

Download_list_of_workflows_connections_insights (632): Alteryx API workflow call error. Endpoint: users

Formula (814): Parse Error at char(1): Unknown variable "_firstName" (Expression #1)

6 REPLIES 6
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sglynn14 
Could you provide full engine log and mention what version you are running?

Petr

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey @PetrH  do you have a recommendations on how to find the right Engine Log?  I see in ProgramData/Alteryx/Logs there are numerous logs for each day.  Do you want me to just pull all of them?  Or is there a log file somewhere that records the full day?

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Sean, I am interested in one specific log created by the loader, when the loader it was executed.

Log (Engine log) might be enabled on a machine, where you execute the workflow in Designer menu Options / User settings / Edit user settings, check Override system settings and fill the Logging directory. Until you disable this again, all workflows executed on a machine, would create one file in that directory for each run. (so may be consider disabling again)

In header of log 9the first line / you would see the name of executed workflow.

PetrH_0-1658501728640.png

this is for the running of the wf on a desktop, but I think, its valid also for server.
Basically its just text what you can observe in Results window.

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey @PetrH 

I have the engine log but the site won't allow me to upload that file type as an attachment.  I will email you will now. 

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sglynn14 ,

I see in log some interesting parts..
gallery endpoint (Users) does timeout in 120 seconds.

5:55.424 - ToolId 1006: Tool #49: HTTP request failed: Request failed! Paramemters: {'url': 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/gallery/api/admin/v1/users/?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'timeout': 120, 'params':  Error message: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=120)

there are also more than 1000 workflows with HTTP401 error

00:23:52.784 - ToolId 996: Tool #30: HTTP request failed: 401 No response

So I interpret it this way: the loader does not collect the expected data(Users!) and with missing fields the dataset is no longer valid to be pushed to connect, and the missing fields are reported in log. Loader crash before it push data to stage.

We will definitely need to know also the version, based on log, it looks that its couple of years old version of Alteryx loader.
We might have some fixed version available. (Or there might be workaround to extend wait time for server to response for more than 120 seconds.)

I would suggest to open ticket for Alteryx support. Provide details about the version, and logs.

Petr

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey @PetrH ,

Thanks for the info, this is super helpful.  I will gather that information and open up a ticket with Support.  

Best,

Sean