Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy Friday Alteryx Community!

This month's release mainly focused on UI tweaks & improvements, the launch of our Alteryx Partner Community, and the development of a new feature we're excited to finally share with you: Profile Plus Beta. We're finally ready to open the beta to the public and we are looking forward to your feedback and questions so we can continue improving this new feature! Profile Plus will enable you to:

• See content customized to your interests
  • Have your expertise highlighted in your profile and posts
  • See how you rank against other experts with the new Community Score.

As a company, we're excited about the feature because it will help us:

• Identify experts and influencers around specific topics, and enlist them when needed
  • Grow engagement and vibrancy by gaining insights into our members' interests, so we can better personalize content & experience
  • Expand our outreach in networks where our members are participating

ProfilePlus.png

To ensure personalized content is as accurate as possible, we'll need YOUR help to test out the new features.

(and to thank you for your participation, we've cooked up a new badge for you to unlock!)

To get started, you will need to connect your community account to Klout.

What is Klout?

Klout is a social measurement platform that calculates your overall social media influence based on your posts on websites you’ve connected, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and now the Alteryx Community. Your Klout "score" is a numerical value between 1 and 100 - the more influential you are, the higher your Klout Score. You can choose which social networks and communities you want to connect to your Klout profile.

How do I enable Profile Plus?
You will need to be logged in, and connect your community account to Klout to enable the features:

1. Make sure you're logged in to the community
  2. Go to the community home page or your own user profile (You can do so by clicking your own username anywhere in the community.)
  3. You will see new modules that offer the option of personalizing your content by going through the profile completion process2016-05-20_1727.png
  4. You will have the option to Connect with Facebook, Twitter or with the email address tied to your community account. We recommend using the profile which you use most actively to discuss and share Alteryx content, or any other content related to our industry.connect_methods2.png

How can I manage my topics of interest?

You can add or remove topics of interest, and manage other Profile Plus related settings by navigating to your profile, and clicking the pencil icon to the right of My Interests:

2016-05-20_1733.png

Can I control what Klout information is displayed on my profile?

Yes, you control the information that's displayed on your new expanded profile, such as topics of expertise, social networks, and whether users can click through to your different social profiles. It’s your choice which networks Klout can access. You can opt-out at any time.

Refer to Klout for additional information and the Klout privacy policy.

Where can I find my personalized content?

Once you have completed your Klout profile, a new feed of content will display on the community homepage, below the community browser.

2016-05-20_2148.png

We look forward to your questions, feedback, and ideas on how we can continue to improve the new Profile Plus feature - whether it's about functionality, location, styling -  don't be shy, and let us know your thoughts below!