Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We’ve made it to the November 2022 Highlights and Release blog, which will be the last edition of this blog published in 2022! While the year may be ending, the Alteryx Community stays active as ever, with new updates, happenings, and content arriving daily. Read more about what’s new on the Alteryx Community below.

Need To Know

This sprint has been mostly focused on preparing for big updates coming in the next few months, so while there’s not a lot to highlight at the moment, we’re excited to show you them all bright and early in the new year.

In December, we’ll be launching the new Server Administrator exam in the Certification section of Academy, a brand-new type of exam aimed at our long-standing Server product. We’ve also fixed some pesky mobile and user profile bugs that some of you might have been noticing, like the overlapping menus and missing edit capabilities.

Keep an eye out for future updates early next year as we keep moving forward to a more advanced and personalized Community experience!

Source: GIPHY

Community News

The year may be wrapping up, but the Alteryx Community shows no signs of slowing down! We are excited to bring more events to the Community in the new year to help you solve problems, connect with experts, and level up your skills.

First up and just in time for the upcoming busy holiday season, we are kicking off an ACE-led series, “Vacation Proofing Your Workflows.” The first session in this series, “Vacation Proofing Your Workflows: Designing For Flexibility & Repeatability,” will be hosted on December 12 at 9AM PT/12PM ET. RSVP here today so you don’t miss it!

As the year wraps up, so does the fall academic semester in the United States. In collaboration with SparkED, we’ve featured a few discussion topics to give our members a chance to offer advice to the newest generation of Alteryx users. If you missed any of these discussions and still want to participate, check out the discussions from week 1, week 2, or week 3. We would love to hear your insights!

Advent of Code is back this year! Each day leading up to Christmas, there will be a new problem to solve. If you have missed any of the first few days, you can always go back and attempt to solve. Check out the post from @JoshuaB here for more information on how to participate this year.

Our Alteryx User Group program is expanding, and we are so excited to see how many Alteryx users will be reached through the program in 2023. We hosted our first Manila UG Meeting as a pilot group, and it was a success! We are so excited to see more and more groups meeting in person again, the Prague User Group hosted an in-person meeting in November, and the Tokyo Alteryx User Group hosted a hybrid meeting (with both in-person and virtual attendance), creating more opportunities for in-person networking for attendees. The Orange County and Denver User Groups were also able to meet in person recently! Check out how you can also get involved or build a local user Group in your area through our user group resources. Pictures from the meetings can be found here.

Read and Listen (and Watch)

There was a host of exciting news on the blog this month. In case you missed it, the Alteryx micro-credential offerings expanded to include machine learning. And we had a lot of product release-related content:

One final reading recommendation we have is from customer success managers @KelleyS and @jfkressler. They break down what workflow reviewers should be doing to support their Alteryx team.

We heard from Alteryx customer success in podcasts this month as well. Listen to @LukeM explain how his team is creating prescriptive onboarding experiences to help organizations ramp up their score on the analytics maturity model in Episode 118:Prescribed success plans with Alteryx. And in Episode 119: Problem solving in Alteryx and beyond, you can hear from the legendary ACE @grossal about how he translates his problem-solving skills from historical math to Alteryx.

Closing

Thanks for tuning in to the Highlights and Release blog this month and throughout 2022. See you again in 2023 for more updates on all the happenings around the Alteryx Community!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.