Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #416: The Oscars 2024

wheezy
6 - Meteoroid

Really fun one! 🥇

tsand22
8 - Asteroid

OL Solution

JohnFM95
7 - Meteor

😃.

mattnason1
9 - Comet

This one's pretty involved for a core.

celuck
6 - Meteoroid

This was my first challenge so it is a little messy and I need to combine it all into one workflow, but I did get the right answers! This was a fun challenge!

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached below

Not sure if others have already mentioned it, but I found difference between my answer and the solution output for Task 3 ("Task 3: Actors/Actresses who won every time they were nominated"). In the solution output there are 117 records of which one 1 "Daniel Day Lewis" with 1 nomination and 1 award. In the data set (CSV) that I have from when I downloaded the challenge, the name is spelt "Daniel Day-Lewis" and he has 6 nominations with 3 awards, meaning that he doesn't fit the criteria for the Task 3 output.

Spoiler
challenge_416_RS_screencap.PNG
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice challenge @Qiu !

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-24 213522.png

I am quite confused by No. 3's answer though...

Spoiler
The answer includes Daniel Day-Lewis - but the data shows that he did not win every time he was nominated. He lost out in 1994 and 2003. But I looked at your answer and saw Daniel Day Lewis, without the hypen "-". Can we confirm this?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Rob-Silk 
Thank you for finding that out.
Nice one.👍

synergy825
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge #416 Screenshot.JPG
Erin
9 - Comet

Congrats @Qiu!

My solution is different for Task 3: Actors/Actresses who won every time they were nominated.

Spoiler
Daniel Day-Lewis didn't win every time. 
416pic.jpg