Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #425: Weekly Allowance Distribution

Sumedha992
6 - Meteoroid

Hi team, 

Attaching my working here. Please review and share your comments.

thanks.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's my take

Spoiler
I could have done everything in 1 tool, but I thought this would simplify things by visualising the processI could have done everything in 1 tool, but I thought this would simplify things by visualising the process
steven_quehan
7 - Meteor

Solved

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
425.png

TobiasFitschen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge_425.png

fmilliren
8 - Asteroid

Like many others I didn't see the need to use a multi-row formula tool. I did make it dynamic enough that one could change the allowance amount or the amount to be spent weekly to see different outcomes.

Spoiler
Challenge_425_my_solution_image.jpg
rvsaders
5 - Atom

Since it was just 4 weeks, I found it quicker to just write formulas for each week. However, I can see where if you were doing this over a longer period it would make sense to use Multi-Row Formula.

logdog0411
8 - Asteroid

Been on an iterative macro kick lately... 

Spoiler
425 WF.png

plozbin
8 - Asteroid

My solution. My approach is pretty brute-force. I'm not sure if there is a way to make this more dynamic/scalable in case the number of records or the number of weeks increases/decreases for any reason.

Spoiler
Alteryx Challenge 425 Solution.png

GGGDias
6 - Meteoroid

Solution with 5 formulas with user constants.  Is there a possible solution with using 2 or less tools with a single expression calculating and assigning the values for all 5  distinct fields?

Spoiler
if [Amount]>=[User.allowance]*2 then [User.allowance]
else
[Amount]-([User.allowance])
endif