Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #5: Client Rating Analysis

mikecusic
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi Maveryx,

We posted the solution JSON file to Cloud Quest #4. Check it out and let us know what you think! Send suggestions to academy@alteryx.com or leave a comment below!

Let’s dive into this week's quest!

Download the provided JSON start file and upload it into your Analytics Cloud library. For more detailed instructions on how to import and export Designer Cloud workflow files, check out the pinned article  Cloud Quest Submission Process Update.

Scenario:

Understanding client feedback has been critical for companies to improve their products and services. In your role as a data analyst, you are assigned the task of analyzing client feedback to measure their satisfaction and enhance the quality of services at your company.

For this task, you will need to manually connect the two provided datasets:

• Clients_dataset.csv: Contains information about each client, including their Client ID.
  • Requests_dataset.csv: Includes each client's Request Number (identical to the Client ID), Status (indicates whether the request has been processed), Status2 (provides a comment), and Professional (the name of the client).

Your tasks are:

1. Count the number of clients (Professional) with a Status of Evaluated who left comments of Below Expectations, Exceeded Expectations, or Met Expectations in the Status2 field.
  2. Identify the three clients (Professional) who provided the highest average ratings. The ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 is the highest.

Hint 1: Client and Professional are distinct fields. The Client field displays the Company Name, while the Professional field shows the individual client's name.

Hint 2: Start by filtering the data at the beginning to only include entries where Status = Evaluated.

Hint 3: Remember to combine the dataset using Client ID and RequestNumber as the key fields.

Spoiler
A combination of the Join, Filter, Summarize, and Sample tools should solve your problem, but not necessarily in this sequence.

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in the Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Once you have completed your quest, go back to your Analytics Cloud library. Download your workflow solution file as a JSON file. You can also capture a screenshot of your finalized workflow in Designer Cloud. Include your JSON file and workflow screenshot as attachments to your comment on this post.

Here’s to a successful quest!

mikecusic_0-1712154326786.png

30 REPLIES 30
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Some day we'll be able to use multi-row calcs in Alteryx Cloud :)

Until that day comes, here's my approach to finding the "top 3 values" accounting for ties

Spoiler
Quest 5 - RWvL.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nice simple one

Spoiler
Quest_05.png
nadasky
7 - Meteor

My solution.

Spoiler
Quest 5 Solution JN.png

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Quest 5 Screenshot.png
bradshaw
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 8.46.59 PM.png
MikeRoof
Alteryx
Alteryx

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 12.15.12 PM.png

Shadieht
5 - Atom

How do you convert the file to a .json? I can't find the article on this.

nadasky
7 - Meteor

To create a .json file, go to the Analytics Cloud home and select the Library tab. Find the workflow you'd like to create a .json file for and then select the vertical ellipses in the far right column. Select Download from the drop down list. This will open a "save file" dialog to save your file.

Good luck.

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Designer Cloud workflowDesigner Cloud workflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
Shadieht
5 - Atom

Here is my result. Great exercise.