Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to generate multiple out put tab in same worksheet

kauser
8 - Asteroid

i am working in a workflow where it has multiple output sheet and need to save all these different output into same worksheet in a different tab with an individual name. i can't use block until done tool. for example how can i save those different table into separate tab in same worksheet  -

Tab name should be "Quarter"

TYPEQ1Q2Q3Q4
A2491
B5876

Tab name should be "Monthly"

TYPEM1M2M3M4
Z458

Y2715

Tab name should be "Yearly" 

TYPEY1Y2Y3Y4
S25526556
H20405080
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I'm guessing you mean

how can i save those different table into separate tab in same workbook ?

because a "tab" and a "worksheet" are the same thing

If you can't use Block Until Done:

1) why not?

2) use Control Containers

3) Use CReW macro for DelayASecond

Chris

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

Hi kauser,

Are these separate tables in Alteryx and the issue is just that it is erroring out when it tries to write multiple sheets in the same workbook? If so, then @ChrisTX's solution should work. You might still run into problems if it isn't opening and closing the workbook after each write. Try the Crew macro, Parallel Block Until Done, if you run into this with the normal tool.

If instead each table is a part of the same dataset in Alteryx, you can use the ‘Change File/Table Name from Field’ option in the Output Data tool.

kauser
8 - Asteroid

@ChrisTX appreciate for your tips. can you please demonstrate these solutions in a workflow.   

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kauser 
There is oen trick I usually use for this seperated data streams situation as below.
Using the Count Record tool as a router to control the output sequence.

0521-kauser.png0521-kauser-A.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Qiu 

Why not use the method?

录制_2024_05_21_15_52_20_324.gif

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@flying008 
I think the header for each tab is different.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Qiu 

Oh, I see. 😅

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Quite tricky because if they come from the same source they’ll compete for the final output. If you really want, are you using with or without AMP? 

Resource here: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Output-to-multiple-sheets-within-an-Excel-file-1583459...

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels