Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Combine Different Schema's into Single Excel

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Hi There,

Can you help? I have 3 excels with related data but different in that they all have different column numbers....

I don't want to union these excels....What i want to do is get Alteryx to combine the 3 superstore excels....Superstore A, Superstore B and Superstore C....into a single Excel called Superstore All that has the 3 Superstore A, Superstore B and Superstore C excels as separate worksheets.

What i want is attached as Superstore All

Don't need colors. I only added excel colors to help view on what needed...also all these excels will typically be in same folder directory if that helps...

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Workflow attached - assumes you are on 2023.1 or newer:

DelData
8 - Asteroid

dooh!...i am really old version Alteryx Admin Designer Version: 2021.3

I cannot open workflow due to me having older version.....I have now requested 2022.1 which will although still old is better than 2021.3

Once i have new 2022.1 installed I will try to open workflow...thanks for taking time out to help :)

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, that version is still too old - you'll need to have 2023.1 or newer to use the Control Container functionality I am utilizing. 

You can try using Block Until Done tools to ensure one part finishes before another part starts

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for letting me know....i will see if possible to get newer version :)

Labels