Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Alteryx Southern California Datathon Event

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Please use this discussion to post any/all questions you have about the event.

Alteryx is hosting a Datathon on Friday, September 29th at Alteryx HQ in Irvine, CA.

This thread will help answer questions with anything you might like to know about the event and the preliminary round happening on September 22nd - from how to register to details about the in-person competition.

Post a question or comment and we will get back to you with all the information you need.

socal banner.png

The Details:

Round 1 – The Virtual Qualifying Challenge

• Round 1 will begin at 1pm on Friday, September 22nd and you will have between 1pm-3:30pm PST to work towards a solution. Round 1 is a time-based challenge and the first one hundred (100) individuals to correctly solve the problem will be eligible to move on to Round 2.

Round 2 – In-person Datathon

• Teams will be assigned and will participate in Round 2 at Alteryx HQ in Irvine, CA on Friday September 29th starting at 8am PST.
  • All finalists must register in person at Alteryx HQ on September 29th from 8:00am PST for Round 2 to register and to gain access to the problem.
  • Round 1 Finalists will be put into small teams and have 4 hours to solve as many use cases as possible and then get to present findings to our judges.
  • The top 3 teams will then compete in a final time-based round, and then we’ll announce the winners.

What you can win: prizes totaling $20,000

Register today!! No previous experience required, beginners are welcome!

To Qualify: All participants must have obtained at least one Alteryx Certification prior to the event. Click here to learn more. No prior experience necessary.

To Prepare: Get started by downloading your free 1-year Alteryx SparkED student license today. To give you a head start, we’ll be holding optional weekly trainings between Sept. 6 – 27, 2023.

We can’t wait to see you at Alteryx headquarters on September 29th! Register today!

Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Terms and conditions apply.

11 REPLIES 11
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Datathon Workshop #1 Recording

The next workshop will be on September 13th!

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Datathon Workshop #2 Recording

The next workshop will be on September 20th! Don't forget to join the Kick-off / Informational session this Friday 9/15 from 12-1pm PST!

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Datathon Kick-off Call Recording

The next workshop will be on September 20th!

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Datathon Workshop #3 with Capitalize Analytics Recording

The next workshop will be on September 27th! Round 1 is this Friday 9/22 at 1pm PST!

dai_phuongngo
5 - Atom

Hi Team. Just to reconfirm, I have completed the Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential Exam successfully. So this qualification is satisfied, am I correct? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Dai Phuong Ngo (Liam)

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dai_phuongngo  yes! you are all set to go. 

dai_phuongngo
5 - Atom

@bpatel Thank you for your confirmation! May I ask if I passed Round 1, would coming to Alteryx HQ in Irvine, CA be a must for Round 2, am I right?

joliehaddadin
5 - Atom

Hi! My Alteryx community account is under a different email than the one I used to register for the Datathon, am I good to go or should I notify someone regarding the credentials requirement?

dai_phuongngo
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

About Round 2 participation, is it a must to come in person at Alteryx HQ in Irvine, CA? If so, I am afraid that I can't come as my US B2 visitor visa appointment will happen on Nov 28, 2023 and I can't reschedule it to be earlier :(
Please let me know if I can participate online. Otherwise, I might have to participate in another event after I get the US visa. I am looking forward to hearing from you.