Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying first valid occurrence within a field and relating this to a date differential

wesleyjwk
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I'm working on a dataset at the moment which has details about a company's service products, their usage rate, time of usage, etc., you name it.

The data runs from a timeperiod of 01-01-2010 to 31-12-2010 and at 01-05-2015 an extra service (application) was launched which brings about its own metric. Until the user adopts this service the associated metric registers Null, after which it will start registering usage in number of screenviews. I've been trying for hours now to build a flow which identifies the first moment the user starts using the new service, which is when the metric starts taking on values other than Null. Consequently, I want to relate this point in time to the point in time at which the user first got in touch with the company (i.e. relationship length between user and company). I've been trying multi-row formula's, filters icm booleans, but I think I'm stuck at a tunnelvision point.

Very open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Wes

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Pm me now and I'll setup a WebEx with yu
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Find 1st non-null value by filter followed by summarize 

join back to data

union j and r records

create formula IIF(IsNull(adoption),0,1)

done. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels