Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
dstoecker
Alteryx
Alteryx

i.am.gobsmacked

Two and a half years ago when Alteryx opened its doors in London to tackle the European self-service data analytics market, we knew our opportunity was big. After attending our first Inspire Europe conference in London this past week, with nearly 500 attendees representing 27 countries, it is abundantly clear that we may have in fact underestimated the voracity of the market.

Inspire Europe 2016

I want to personally thank our customers, partners and associates for a most memorable inaugural Inspire Europe 2016. It is pretty clear that Discoverers, Creators and Seekers are found in every part of the world and we share similar ambitions: we want to drive business value for our employers, we want to love our time at work with fun and engaging technology and we want to give back to our communities in meaningful ways. Inspire Europe 2016 was packed with education, celebration and inspiration to help you achieve all three objectives.

Many thanks to our customers and partners who gave compelling presentations, highlighted powerful use cases and showcased unique implementations of the Alteryx platform. I also want to thank our amazing partners and sponsors who continually enhance our platform with complimentary product and service offerings. Your support is immeasurable.

With lots of customer meetings happening throughout the conference I was not able to attend every customer presentation but they will be posted on our website soon for all to review. All the presentations were proof that our innovation only happens through customer creativity. Thanks for delighting everyone in the packed rooms!

But more than just innovation and resulting business benefit discussions, Alteryx seems to have touched users at an emotional level at the conference that was both profound and heartfelt. Dozens of attendees personally told me they finally have their careers back on track, many reported they got raises and promotions, and are feeling more productive and willing to take on bigger challenges to drive their employers to greater success. When asked how Alteryx makes them feel, one attendee said “i.am.a.magician”, another said “i'm.a.visionary” and still a third said “i.am.loving.my.job.again.” Truly awesome and I am confident you would have been the subjects of Boorstin’s 4th book – ‘The Citizen Data Scientist / The Self-Service Data Analysts who Changed the World’.

How about the 1st European Alteryx Grand Prix and the cup winner James Dunkerley! Drinks, food and analytic savviness always seem to go together. What an exciting event and you can be sure we will be repeating it next year when we all gather together again at London’s Tobacco Dock on 12 -13 September 2017.

On a personal level, I am grateful to those who signed up to participate in the Alteryx for Good effort we highlighted at the conference. As Buckminster Fuller said, “we will not be able to operate Spaceship Earth successfully nor for much longer unless we see it as a whole spaceship and our fate as common. It has to be everybody or nobody.” I do hope you will donate our software or your time to causes that you believe in.

Thanks for spending time with us, telling us your stories, giving us great feedback and making Inspire Europe 2016 quite memorable. We are already planning to see you next year!

All the best!

Dean

Dean Stoecker
Executive Chairman and Founder of Alteryx, Inc.

Dean Stoecker is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and a founding partner of Alteryx, revolutionizing business through data science and analytics. Dean's leadership and motivational skills, along with his ability to create, communicate and realize a vision, are a driving force behind bringing back the thrill of solving to analysts and data scientists across the globe.

Dean Stoecker is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and a founding partner of Alteryx, revolutionizing business through data science and analytics. Dean's leadership and motivational skills, along with his ability to create, communicate and realize a vision, are a driving force behind bringing back the thrill of solving to analysts and data scientists across the globe.