Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

What does "No active session, user needs to log in." mean in Manage Data Connections?

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

TSIA.  

This seems to have suddenly appeared for our MySQL and Snowflake connections shared via Gallery when accessing from Designer. 

AlexApolloni_1-1669979779594.png

7 REPLIES 7
AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

Hi @AlexApolloni 

You need to log in on gallery for which all data connections are coming with warning.

You can do it from add new gallery/ login for existing logged out gallery instance under open workflow/save as gallery.

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

Hi @AsmiDesai 

Are you suggesting I add the gallery again?

(I've connected and opened a workflow from the gallery so make sure that I am "logged" in.)

EDIT: I added my gallery again (so that it's duplicated) and when I goto Manage Data Connections I get the same message (as in the title) again....

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AlexApolloni,

I would recommend following the steps below:

1) Save all your workflows within Designer

2) Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine directory.

3) Cut, Copy and paste the GalleryAlias.xml file to your desktop

4) Re-open Designer and try again

---- If this doesn't work, follow steps below

5) Copy galleryalias.xml out of the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine directory again since reopening Designer will generate a new galleryalias.xml file and close designer.

6) Have your Gallery admin remove yourself from the gallery data connection and re-add yourself to the data connection.

7) Re-open Designer, re-add the gallery URL and remove old gallery URL connections within Designer ( Options --> Schedule Workflow --> and delete the gallery URL connection)

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

Thanks @PanPP , I appreciate it....  The 1st part didn't work and so I asked a colleague to try on their system and they had similar results so for the 2nd part

I've opened a ticket with our Gallery admin.....I'll update here as that progresses......

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AlexApolloni 

Please see below...

1) Did any of these connections work previously? (Did you upgrade server/designer)?

2) What authentication are you using for MySQL?

3) If you copy the connection string from gallery data connection and paste it into an Input tool in Designer directly. does it work/connect? (try both the SQL and Snowflake connections)

Would you be able to post what the connection string looks like (remove sensitive data.. I would like to see the format of the connection string).

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I meet with my server admin....

I'd blurred it out...but what you can't see is that we have Prod and Dev Galleries.   Logging into one (by opening a workflow) doesn't mean you're logged into the other one and vice versa.   Also, we'd assumed that the Data Connection on Prod and Dev were the same, but they weren't (and only the Admin can really see that).   Seems obvious in retrospect but I guess the combination of the two threw me off.

Thanks for the help.

-Alex

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AlexApolloni 

If any of the steps helped resolve your issue, please mark it as a solution.

I am glad you were able to resolve it.