The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cache All - UnCache All

Would be nice to have a way to cache-uncache all inputs or a selected group of tools.  Caching and Uncaching workflows with many input tools or slow data-read tools gets to be a bit cumbersome.  Would be a nice QoL improvement :)

I looked around for something like this but didn't see a solution, so thought I'd recommend.  Please let me know if something like this exists already natively in designer desktop.

1 Comment
ejhaley
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

Adding onto this since it's something I run into every day... :P

A nice UI with check-boxes for each input would do great.  I think the amount of data that you can cache caps at a certain point (not sure if system constrained or application constrained), but would be nice to have "x/1GB Available to Cache" for example, so the user can determine the best inputs to cache.  I'm also not 100% sure how the cache system currently works.  Seems like sometimes I can cache certain inputs but not others (even if they're the same input data type [i.e. Snowflake vs. Snowflake]).  That's what leads me back to my 1st question about how the cache system is constrained.  My guess is that the tables I can't cache would be too large to cache, even though the input type is the same as another input.

All-in-all, I just think this would be a great addition.  I'll keep adding to this thread if/when I think of anything else!