The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Be able to “PIN” favorite workflows

Not sure I'd call this a user setting, but I couldn't figure out the right heading this belongs to. 

When opening files, there are often times a couple of files at that aren't run on any kind of schedule or set time frame but you come back to when you need to run them.  

There should be a way to set "FAVORITES" for a handful of files that you find yourself referring to on a repeated basis, but too far back to be on the 'recents' list because you open too many other files. 

8 Comments
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

MikeBird
7 - Meteor

I would love to see a feature like this. 

I'm in/out of at least 20 workflows per day and the larger projects soon disappear from the recent list. 

A menu item within the 'File' menu for 'Pinned Workflows' would definitely help this, even if it was limited to 10/20 workflows. 

severhart
8 - Asteroid

Really like this idea - actually had that thought in passing yesterday!

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@severhart yeah, same. It's such an obvious thing and hopefully an easy fix. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Watermark - agree  with the idea, and we see this commonly too.

The way we work around this (although I still support your idea) is to tech people how to use "jumplists" on the windows taskbar.
Once you pin Alteryx to your taskbar, you can then drag files onto it, and pin them - and that way when you right click on Alteryx in your taskbar, you'll have a list of these pinned flows.

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@SeanAdams , Good work around, I can't say I was aware of that. 

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Love this idea! Stay tuned!

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Great idea!