Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

need to calculate formula in big size(100 mb) excel through Altreyx tool

nadanl
7 - Meteor

I already done the formula's (refered within the same excel) and calculate option is in manual and now need to calculate formula's in big size(100 mb) excel through Altreyx tool, Because in excel taking too much time. if anybody knows the solution kindly help me on this...

21 REPLIES 21
nadanl
7 - Meteor

Hi,

with related to the workflow u shared is very much helpful for me, thanks alot.

but the priority of workflow you considered as "Opening stock sheet" because of that some combinations is missing for calculations. the reason is

* Combinations not having Opening stock but having KEPH - CK40N(COGM) & Cockpit Report(COGS)

Hence can you please revise that workflow to consider Cockpit Report sheet(COGS) as a base and following other sheets (Opening Stock & KEPH - CK40N sheets).

I here with attaching the workflow.

Almost at end stage, facing this issue. Kindly help me out.

nadanl
7 - Meteor

Hi,

with related to the workflow u shared is very much helpful for me, thanks alot.

but the priority of workflow you considered as "Opening stock sheet" because of that some combinations is missing for calculations. the reason is

* Combinations not having Opening stock but having KEPH - CK40N(COGM) & Cockpit Report(COGS)

Hence can you please revise that workflow to consider Cockpit Report sheet(COGS) as a base and following other sheets (Opening Stock & KEPH - CK40N sheets).

I here with attaching the workflow.

Almost at end stage, facing this issue. Kindly help me out.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @nadanl,

Attached is a version with the joins switched around so that Opening Stock is the last sheet joined on.

Kane

nadanl
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thank your very much..Smiley Happy.

ur master...

nadanl
7 - Meteor

Oh still no of combinations matching with Openg stock sheet only, Hence combinations are missing. here i show the sample numbers which i faced as a mismatches

DetailsNo of Plant materialsRemarks
As per "workflow Output"432328594 Plant mats combinations missing from the output

As per "Cockpit report sheet"51826count as per Input file
As per "Opening stock sheet"43232count as per Input file
As per "KEPH - CK40N sheet"51826count as per Input file

Kindly help me on this..

The expectation is "Cockpit report sheet" combinations as a base priority and then plot other sheets then do the calculations.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Updated so that any unjoined records are included back in. As that is probably regular I changed the Test Tool to a Message Tool that will notify you of any records that didn't match.

Kane

nadanl
7 - Meteor

Now the output : all the Plant materials combinations from Opening stock sheet as 0 value even though its having value.

but previously its processing correctly.

Expectations is

* The materials available in all the sheets (Opening stock sheet, KEPH-CK40N sheet & Cockpit sheet) ==> The calculation should happen and displayed in output file

* The materials available in 2 of the sheets (KEPH-CK40N sheet & Cockpit sheet) but not available in Opening stock sheet hence ==> Opening value considered as 0, then calculation should happen and displayed in output file

Please help me on this.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you saying that some of the opening stock values are now zero.... That's my bad, I put a sample tool in so that the Opening Stock sheet was not equivalent to the others. You can right-click on the sample tool and select 'Delete and connect around'. I only had it in there to try and make the sample data closer to yours.

Image 001 - 20160708 - 150704.png

nadanl
7 - Meteor

ya its working fine.. thank you very much... :)

sorry for the late reply.

nadanl
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Have 1 doubt, is it possible to transpose the costs (cost components 1 to 40) rows again to columns (like a input file)?

becase of the transpose the line items are more than 20 lacs if we are doing the functions like input file layout it wil be reduced.

Can you please help me on this.

Labels