Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

moving a published app from my Private Studio to a Collection

TripleJJJ
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there,

I have successfully created my first App and have also successfully uploaded it to the server.  However it is sitting in my private studio, and I'd like to move it to one of the Collections we already have in place so others can use the App.

Please see screenshot.  Can someone offer any guidance or point me to some documentation as to how to do this?

my current version is 2020.3.8.3

Many thanks,

Jamie

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You should be able to Add to Collection directly from the app in 2020, hard for me to confirm since our is up at 2022 but here’s a link with some screenshots: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Transfer-workflows-from-My-Private-Studi...

make sure you have the correct permissions though for the collection!

TripleJJJ
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the details.

I have confirmed I am admin and should be able to add/remove assets to a collection but am not seeing the option as described in the other thread.

Do you know if there is another area I need to grant access to allow me to share my App to a collection?

Thanks,

TripleJJJ
6 - Meteoroid

FYI - as it's an older version, there is an option to "Add Collection" from within the Collections section so it's working now.

Thanks for your help!

Labels