Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

convert csv to yxdb

Dilip_kumar
6 - Meteoroid

How can i convert the Csv to yxdb file and continue the workflow. please give answer without broken the connection. i have used input and output tool then i take another input tool and process for workflow. this method is not need. i need continuously process the csv file to yxdb and continue the flow.

3 REPLIES 3
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi - not sure what version of Designer you are on, but if it's 2023.1 or higher, you should be able to take advantage of Control Containers (CC). In the first CC, you will read in your CSV and output to YXDB...then, in your second CC, you will use an Input tool connected to your newly created YXDB, and continue on from there. Something like this - 

control_containers.png

Dilip_kumar
6 - Meteoroid

sorry i am using 2022.3, can you please guide me any other method to do this.

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, in this case, how many customers accomplish orchestration is via batch macros. Conceptually, you would have one batch macro where you do the first operation, read the csv and write the yxdb...then a second batch macro that would pickup your newly created file. Here's a Knowledge Base article to get you started, and that also explains the concepts - https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Controlling-the-Order-of-Operations-1583459127465

Labels