Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

What would be the Efficient way & Best BI tool to use with the output data from Alteryx ?

Abhishek
5 - Atom

Hi there , 

What would be the Efficient way & Best BI tool to use with the output data from Alteryx ?

We are checking towards automating the things . 

Appreciate your help. 

4 REPLIES 4
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

That's a big question.  Best is a relative term.  Your team should sit down prioritize what you want from a BI tool.  I've listed some considerations below.  Incorporate that into a discussion about how it will be used and who will use it.  Primary consideration should be whether your BI environment will be self-service or whether BI will be delivered to users.  Some tools are easier to learn than others, and some vendors good with training and others are not.  I would consider Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, and Qlik, but I am sure lots of folks have opinions on this.  And of course, cost is going to be a factor.  

Connectivity - what can the BI tool connect to 

Speed & Volume - how fast does it load large data sets (this is HUGE)

Visualization Types - not all BI tools have all visualization types (ex. Spotfire doesn't have an out of the box area chart)

Functionality and Features - what can it do and what can it not do

Incorporation into your ecosystem - a lot of companies go with PowerBI because they already use MS products and it incorporates well with those 

What do you have to purchase - how many products do you have to purchase to deliver BI to users in a way that makes sense for your company; make sure you understand what is "out of the box" and what is an add on purchase and the value those add ons do or do not give

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think it's fairly uncontroversial to say it would be between Power BI and Tableau in 2022. Both work well with Alteryx.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I hate PowerBI and would choose Spotfire over PowerBI.  I keep hearing Tableau is wonderful but have never worked with it.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I would like to amend my earlier statement. 

I think it's very controversial to say.....

Labels