Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique Tool not working properly

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Hey everybody,

I am having trouble with the unique tool in my workflow. This is even more surprising since this worked up until now and I haven't changed anything about my workflow.

The unique tool receives an input but the output is not working, regardless of which column I choose to find the values from.

I use the same build of that specific part three times in my workflow which run on a parallel basis, it works only once, even though the setup is identical.

Any ideas what the issue here could be?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Cela 

Can you try replacing the unique tool once.

Delete it and create a new one with same settings please.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ShankerV ,

thank you for the quick response!
I actually did check this beforehand, the columns contain data which would mean that I normally could see results in the U- or D-path. That is unfortunately not the case here.

I also tried removing the unique tool now and letting the incoming input go through a simple select tool, yet no output here either.

Raj
14 - Magnetar

will you be able to share the configurations you have made into the tool?

Cela
8 - Asteroid

I have built a mock workflow to simply show the tools used, but I cannot replicate the error that I receive in the other workflow.

Cela_0-1677489498232.png

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys,
I retraced every single step in the workflow and found my error. It's a very amusing one because I didn't pay attention to it at all 😄
At some point in my testing phase, I deactivated the containers of the two paths but kept them open so it didn't occur to me that this might have been the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Labels