Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Request for help on Web snipping automation

Pradeep66
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, 

I work for finance teams, we have some tabular data which gets published over web and we use this data download from web. 

My requirement is to download this data from web automatically by a alteryx workflow.

The ideas which wont work in my environment are web scraping using api key is not possible as permissions are not given.

No reporting tool like power BI or Tableau are able to read the data from our internal web site as web is built on protective JSPs all tables are hidden.

The idea which have not tried, but popped my mind are take a periodic snip of web page automatically, and covert them to pdf/excel/ etc..

please help.

1 REPLY 1
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pradeep66 

It is hard to point a direction without seeing the website and the protections. You could try to just pass the url to a download tool, see if the result comes as expected, and then parse the result. If not, you could use python + selenium or python + beautifulsoup, almost like it was used here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Download-From-Web/td-p/1081672

Labels