Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace within a column

AnnDz
7 - Meteor

Hi.  I need to finda nd replace within a column.  For example, if a number is 2055 , I want to replace it with 2025.  This is in a vstring field type column.  Any help is appreciated.  When I try to use the Find Replace tool I am stuck at the find and replace boxes beacuse it says No Valid Fields.

7 REPLIES 7
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AnnDz 

It would be better to see the exact table for input/output.

Anyway, see if you can adapt the attached workflow to do the job.

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1666026177633.png

If you cannot, please paste/attach your input/expected output here.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@AnnDz I think the most likely explanation if it says no valid fields is your data is the wrong type. Find and Replace is used on strings but the numbers you're trying to replace sound like they are probably being stored in some kind of numerical type.

AnnDz
7 - Meteor

Here is the file.  The date field is a vstring (thats a different question as to how to change that!)   .  One of the dates says 2055 instead of 2025.  I just want to find any fields with 2055 and replace with 2025.   

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AnnDz 

Please see the attached workflow.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666055228335.png

gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @AnnDz, using a formula tool should help avoid the issues with having the right datatype. Its a simple replace formula to search for 2055 and replace with 2025. See attached workflow

gyang3_0-1666055811246.png

If this helps solves your issue, please mark as solution. 

AnnDz
7 - Meteor

thanks so much for your help!

AnnDz
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your help!

Labels