Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recon Project

rtopete
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to get started and running into road blocks. This should be simple for experience users. I have two files and trying to match them up the dollar value. What's the best way to set this up in specific details? The final output is display the one's that do not offset. For Advance users, how do i take one of the files and extract Totals? For example, say the main column is called 'Type' and has Refund and Order as the data.Another column has the amount related to each line item. I need the output to separately display the totals for Refund and Order. Any assistance

6 REPLIES 6
Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

Hi @rtopete - can you provide some sample data?

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

@rtopete - see sample attached. Is this close to what you're working with?

rtopete
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Bren, here is the sample data......

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

Hi @rtopete - perfect. Do you need further assistance or did the workflow I posted earlier work for you?

Recon Project.JPG

rtopete
6 - Meteoroid

The was a nice one, thank you Bren. I am also trying to subtotal and grand total by the CC Batch file column order, to get Total Refunds, Total Orders (chg to Total Pmts), then the Grand Total. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Here is the main goal since you have the files:

1) Display recon items. Amounts not matching by settlement amount since there is no unique ID.

2) Compute the subtotals and total for settlement amount useing column 'Type'. Ex. Total Refunds, Total Orders, then Total Settlement Amt

3) Display Fees (Totaling Column ' Merchant Fee Excl Tax)

4) Display Grand Total = Total Settlement Amt minus Fees

rtopete
6 - Meteoroid

I tried your file and it works well for #1. Just ran into a minor issue. Sometimes they are off anywhere from .01 to .03 that suppose to clear but i guess nothing we can do about that huh? Is it possible to build a rule to clear the amounts if within this amount. But i think this can get too messy. Might be better just to display and do manually. At least will narrow down the work from 1500 line items to maybe 20-30.

Labels