Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Oracle Client issue

spandey
5 - Atom

Can some guide me on how to resolve this issue? Earlier it was working fine but when I changed the device(new laptop), it just behaved differently, I tried all the given/listed methods but had no success. I'm just wondering if Alteryx could release some sort of compatibility chart between Oracle and Alteryx versions if that's causing the problem???. I downloaded the latest version of Oracle Client and changed the path in the UserConfig.xml file but still not able to connect to databases..Please help!!! Many thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @spandey,

Our compatibility with connectors is listed here: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/oracle

Your IT should be able to solve this as it seems not related to Alteryx (you mentioned it was working before)

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@spandey Have you installed a 64 bit OCI for Oracle? 

Instant Client for Microsoft Windows (x64) 64-bit | Oracle Nederland

As it says here: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/oracle you require a 64 bit database driver. If you fix the driver, it should work :-).

I know it can be painful, have been in your position buddy!

Greetings,

Seb

spandey
5 - Atom

Sorry despite all the good suggestions not being able to sort out this problem yet I have the correct Oracle 64 bit my IT team reinstalled and now Alteryx is throwing another error

'Alteryx was unable to download or extract the Oracle Instant Client driver zip file. If this issue persists, contact your IT administrator'

don't know what to do??? It's really painful don't know why Alteryx made this job easy for us not to struggle on this I have already spent my 1 day resolving this issue but had no success. Alteryx team please help me or suggest to me what to do?????  it's Friday please don't disappoint me I'm desperately looking for help. Many thanks. 

mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @spandey,

Have you contacted Alteryx Support?

spandey
5 - Atom

Not yet... trying to resolve this at my team level but looks like you are right I should contact them regarding this issue. Do they not pick this straight from here?  Thanks for the advice 

mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx
spandey
5 - Atom

Thanks, @mathieuf @Sebastiaandb for your help just by hit and trial I fixed that issue now I'm trying to recollect all the steps and will post them here so that other people could get benefit from it.

Labels