Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Managing 'Exceeding file size limit' error

ArchanaGk
5 - Atom

Hi,

My workflow results in about 685k rows (as shown while workflow runs) and about 25-30 columns. However when i add a .xlsx file as Output it shows the below error message. I have previously had more rows than this as output, so not understanding what might be the issue with this workflow. Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

As far as I know, XLSX should be able to handle up to 1 million records.  Although maybe it's more of a total size limit so even if it's less than 1 million, but over a certain number of megabytes it won't be able to handle it.  Try CSV just for the heck of it.  If that works just fine, then you know it's the total file size that's giving you the issue.  If you get an error with the CSV too, then something else is going one with the data itself.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ArchanaGk 

I encountered a similar issue a long time ago. I had not realized that I was not using an Auto Field to decrease the size of the metadata, this will help you output to a XLSX file even though you have 680k+ rows and 30+ Columns.

I attached an workflow as example. You can run in your computer and it should create a file with a similar size as yours ideally would need. This should give you an example if it is an Alteryx issue or not. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1609795572660.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1609795581386.png

If you are still having issues, you can always change the output to a CSV file.

Pedro.

Labels