Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative macro error field is not contained in the record, but it is

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Help.

I have an iterative macro.  I have 3 test Excel files.   There are multiple sheets in each workbook, but he target sheet is the same in all 3 files.  The macro's output mode is set to Auto Configure by Name. Each files runs through the macro successfully. But, the macro does not work when placed into a workflow and connected to a directory containing all 3 of the test files.  I get the error:  

Error: macro_test_prep (270): Iteration #1: Tool #6: The field "TOA" is not contained in the record.

There is a field in each macro that is called Include In TOA.  However, in one of the files it comes in as Includein TOA.  To address this, I added a section at the start of my macro that finds the field name that contains TOA and renames it TOA.  

Tool #6 is the Filter that looks for Contains TOA in the Name field after running through the Field Info tool.

While the error references Tool #6, I suspect it might be something before it.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 5.27.09 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Again, each file works in the macro when it is the input template.  But, the macro generates the Tool #6 error when placed in a workflow.   Even if I run each workflow individually through the macro in the workflow it generates the error -- even though each file works as the macro template.  

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Switched to a batch macro.  Got rid of this issue but created a new one - related to Excel sheet names.  Ugh.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Solved sheet issue by appending this sheet name to the file path prior to macro.

Labels