Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cohort Formula: Conditional Statements Quick question

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working on a cohort analysis. I would like to group things by our fiscal quarters. I extracted the month and year from the date column. I am trying to create a new column that has the fiscal year quarters listed. But when I run this formula it only assigns the quarter to the first month in each quarter if statement. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.08.48 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
jmorris24
7 - Meteor

Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to write out the [Start Date Year Month] = for every or statement as shown here. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Writing-an-If-statement-with-multiple-...

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jmorris24,

Glad you have solved it.

Just one question. Wouldn't be easier for you to have a text input file with a proper mapping which could be populated with the find-replace tool?

Thanks to that you wouldn't need to write so complicated formulas in the future:

Emil_Kos_0-1603833400620.png

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

That's a great idea. Good call. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now for part 2. I am trying to figure out how to pivot the table to show revenue for month 1 of each cohort... Don't quite know how to solve that yet

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jmorris24,

You cannot use summarize tool with new column + sum of revenue? 

jmorris24
7 - Meteor
Labels