Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate Grand Totals + "Blank" row

MarcosC_
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm just beginning on Alteryx so apologies if I'm doing way too many steps for something that might be ultra simple. I tried reading some guides but can't figure it out.

I'm trying to create an approximation of a report that is being done manually that will afterwards be used by a Macro and therefore, must be in the exact way that the Pivot table puts it otherwise it breaks

(side-rant - obviously the end macro should be changed but that seems to be harder than nuking mount everest).

This is as far as I've come but I can't seem to use the generate rows to create the "(blank)" nor create something that shows "Grand Total".

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Refer to this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Grand-Total-and-Sub-Totals/td-...

Kenda's response is great. Her workflow is what you need I believe.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MarcosC_ 

You can refer to the way as guided by @caltang, but I share another workaround. I guess you can take either one which is more familiar to you and/or can be more easily configured in your existing workflow. 

Add null row data by Text Input+Union, then Cross tab. You will get an additional row whose values are all "null" (will be used for (Blank) row later.) And, as you already configured, select "Total Row" option as it is. Now you have two rows with group value is "Null"

image.png  

Filter these 2 row and modify the value to "(Blank)" and "Grand Total" as you wish for each, and again union to unify all data.

Overall workflow and output result are as below.

image.png

MarcosC_
6 - Meteoroid

Hi gawa,

Thank you so much for this workflow. Just what I needed and fairly simple for me to grasp and implement into my own.

Thanks alot.

Marcos

Labels