Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match with two columns

tmanaois
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

Can someone please help me to find the correct format for my Fuzzy Match tool? I need to compare the data from column A against column B if there are possible matches. If you are familiar with the Fuzzy Match Excel plug-in, that is exactly what I wanted to achieve (comparison of two tables).

Sample

tmanaois_0-1682349624153.png

Sample Desired Result

tmanaois_1-1682350068409.png

4 REPLIES 4
Dina
9 - Comet

The Tool you are looking for is called " Fuzzy Match" in Alteryx. To let the tool work, you need to merge the two data columns in one column(assuming the merged column named as Name) and add another column to identify to source (assuming the column named as source). 

Below is the configuration for this scenario. 

Dina_0-1682369542997.png

tmanaois
5 - Atom

Thanks Dina. However, is there a way to compare the data in two different columns?

Dina
9 - Comet

As far as I know, with your case the company name need to be combined into one column. Unless you are talking about using multiple fields to compare , for example using company name + customer name as a key, then you can find more details in this guidance.https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Prepare-two-inputs-for-Fuzz...

Suppu
7 - Meteor

How can I do a lazy match that can join and gets results for 2 data columns that ususally will be a mismatch . For example  join and print that they are similar values for actual values are ABC TELECOMMUNICATIONS,INC. and ABC TELECOMMUNICATIONS  So in this case we need to remove comma  full stop and space  and then match . Do we use regex ?

Labels