Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formatting columns on table tool

aclar286
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I am using the table tool and had a question about formatting.

I have a column for "Year" and a column for "Month" and I would like to put a border around both columns, rather than a border around each individual column.  Is that possible?

I also have a question about column headers.  I have different brands and under each of them "number" and "cost".  At the moment I have put the brand name in each heading, e.g. "Gucci - number" and "Gucci - cost", but ideally, I would like to have the brand a row above with "number" and "cost" underneath.  In Excel I would do this by merging and centering the cells with brand to cover both columns, I wondered if there was something similar for Alteryx table tools?

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @aclar286 

First Question: I dont know if it doable with your dataset, but maybe break these two columns as a separate table and put borders around it and then combine it back with the rest of the dataset.

Second Question: We can try different ways. Embed the name of the brand into the header as a prefix. Or maybe we can add a Report Text box above the specific columns, the trick for this would be to correctly align it, so for this it would be a lot of testing to position it in the proper place.

Labels