Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DATETIME FUNCTIONS an overview

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi guys!

Date formatting in Alteryx is something that seems to be a hard nut to crack for a lot of users. There are already some great blogs/posts out there, f.e. a tool mastery topic on the DateTime tool by @HenrietteH (Tool-Mastery-DateTime ) and a post by @RodL who points out the central role of the DateTimeParse and DateTimeFormat functions in Alteryx (Date-Conversions ). The only thing missing seems to be an overview of the datetime functions in Alteryx. Therefore (and because i really want to get advanced certified later this year) i made an overview of the datetime functions that Alteryx offers.

My goal with this overview is to: 1) group all the functions (based on what you want to achieve), 2) show you that there are just 7 parameters used in all datetime functions, 3) give you a cheatsheet to select the right datetime function. 

Sebastiaandb_0-1630051809398.png

Keep in mind that for parameter f and l you will probably need this list:

See the help/function page of Alteryx for the list of specifiers and separators.  

I will update this post and appreciate any feedback to improve the overview! 

Greetings,

Sebastiaan

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sebastiaandb 

You should submit has a blog that way it will be easy to find. And content management team is really supportive it should be easy for you to get this published 😁. You can drop a mail to dg_communitycontent@alteryx.com.

Hope this helps : )

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sebastiaandb That's a nice overview! Thank you for sharing 🙂 

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

Labels