Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Column Positioning and Merging

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

Maybe you could me on this. See attached input file.

I would like to have output same as is since I'd like to automate it in the email so I would no longer be using the copy-paste.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you.

Kamen

10 REPLIES 10
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Do you want the summary tab as the email output? 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

yes, please. The same it look like should be the output in the email.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider once you input your data all the formatting will go away, then you need to create the formatting, merge the fields, it is a lots of work in alteryx. Also alteryx is not a great tool when it comes formatting the cells like excel. My question how you are generating the input file? is it manual or from any other tool?

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

Agree, the format will disappear once it is being inputted in the workflow and this is the reason why I am asking for help in that maybe we could format it using Alteryx. The file is being build using macro in excel. The transactions came from a lot of sources, an excel files which I am still trying to figure out how we derive the computations. Once done, we copy paste the transactions in the email before sending.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kamen

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Good day @binuacs 

would like to follow up for any updates. If you have any idea how it will be made, ears open.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Formatting the excel report in the same way in Alteryx is a quite complicated one, if your report is dynamic then it will make more complex, I am thinking not go with python tool for the formatting emailing part, I didn’t get much time to look into that part, I will have a try using python and let you know if I have any success 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Thank you @binuacs . Ill be counting on it.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider question, do you want the content of the excel as body of your email or the input file as an attachment?

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

HI @binuacs 

It should be content of the excel as body of your email. Not as attachment.

Thanks for asking.

Kamen

Labels