Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change date format of field heading

muns
7 - Meteor

Hello, I'm new to Alteryx so this is most likely a basic question (apologies).

My input data is from two Excel sheets. The top sheet has the date set at month start (1980-12-01) while the bottom sheet has month end (1980-12-31). How do I make them the same e.g. change all xx-xx-01 to be xx-xx-31?

muns_0-1572521632438.png

muns_1-1572521671549.png

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @muns,

I would use this formula which converts all dates to be at the end of the month DateTimeTrim([Date],"lastofmonth")

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I'v attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @muns,

Connect a Dynamic Rename tool to your data. Then, select the fields that you would like to change the names of.

Finally, under Expression, add an expression that changes the date values such as the one below:

REGEX_REPLACE([_CurrentField_],"(\d\d\d\d\-\d\d)(\-\d\d)","$1-31")

Dynamic Rename Dates.PNG

Hope this helps!

Josh

muns
7 - Meteor

Thanks Josh, this worked perfectly!

muns
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jonathan - I will use this elsewhere but in this case my dates were the field heading so I couldn't get this column formula method to work (I guess I would need to transpose the data, use the formula then transpose back).

Thanks very much for the response though - much appreciated!

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @muns,

Sorry I misread the question! I've amended my solution to solve what you were actually looking for. This solution will amend each header to be the last day of that month rather than 31st, depends which you are looking for.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels