Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Are values within a group equal

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

Hoping to pick you brains on best approach 

Aim : For given ID I need to check if the values match and if its matches then then flag them as "Yes" if not equal then "No".

Currently : I have two data inputs, in both Inputs i have two columns (Id & ,Name), I have union'd the two data sets together

Input A

IDName
11111Masond3
22222Apple Inc

Input B

IDName
11111Masond30
22222Apple Inc

Union Output 

IDName
11111Masond3
11111Masond30
22222Apple Inc
22222Apple Inc

Expected outcome 

IDNameName Match
11111Masond3 
11111Masond30No
22222Apple IncYes
22222Apple Inc 

14 REPLIES 14
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Workflow attached.  For more inputs this would take the majority name, or the name from the earliest input in case of a tie.

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

@Christina_HThis gets me out of a jam, so i can least proceed.
Do you know if there a way where where given the input you could set the rules ?

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

The rules to select the correct name are in the sort tool, the following unique tool takes the first name for each ID.  So to change the rules you would need to adjust the sort.

What kind of rules were you thinking of?

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

So i am thinking that "Input A", is my "golden version  of the Truth", therefore any other Input .i. B,C,Z   etc, i want to compare those values against "Input A" 

Now for scalability there also be other attributes that i would need to compare.

Example,
Address,
Website,

IDInputNameWebsiteAddressName MatchWebsite matchAddress match
11111AMasond3www.masond3.ac.uk1 High St YesYes
11111BMasond30www.masond3.ac.uk1 High StNoYesYes
11111CMasond3www.masond3.ac.uk1 high Stree YesNo
11111DMasond2www.masond3.ac.uk1 High StreetNoYesNo
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Updated workflow attached that will handle multiple columns.  I've left the output transposed - it can be cross-tabbed to the output you've provided, but the table will get wider and harder to read with every new attribute you want to compare.

I've also removed the rule that took the majority version of the name (or address/website), the "correct" version will be from the earliest input.  Depending on your data, you might want to update this to take the earliest non-null value?

image.png

Labels