Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #396: Analyze the Ultimate Motorsport - Formula 1

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
I understand that Driver 9 had the lowest delta between avg rainy condition time vs avg overall time. However, Driver 1 has faster average times (overall, rainy conditions and sunny conditions). So, my choice is Driver 1. 

Challenge_396_pic.jpg
Dibas98
8 - Asteroid

Solution

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Just poked around a few other solutions and not sure I agree with other's methodology.... I think the delta on Rainy lap average vs. the average of all other weather conditions to be more logical than just rainy vs. sunny. Also, the question should ultimately just boil down to the driver with the fastest lap average in the rain, no?

Spoiler
challenge 396 - alteryx workflow.jpg
Bobbyt23
8 - Asteroid

A 'fast' challenge.

HardikJani
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I used the summarize to get the lapt times based on driver and weather. Filtered sunny and rainy days joined them and used formula to get delta. Used the sort and sample to get the output 

Dlawless610
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution. 

WC_396.jpg

fmilliren
8 - Asteroid

I absolutely disagree with the solution provided. The problem statement was best driver for Rainy conditions. That could be the driver with the lowest laptime in the rain or the driver with the lowest average laptime across all conditions, Driver #1 in both cases. The requested solution is not the driver least impacted by rain, which would in fact be Driver 9. Even so Driver 9 would still be slower in a rain only race or a race including all weather conditions. Either the problem is incorrectly stated for the answer desired, or the answer provided is incorrect. I also find it curious the "solution" assumes only Sunny and Rainy weather conditions are pertinent. (Perhaps the question has been altered from its original wording?)

Spoiler
Challenge_396_solution_image.jpg