Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Subtotals on crosstabs

gharding
7 - Meteor

I have a crosstab that comes out nice.

I have three groupings a week number a name and then a date.  Values are grouped by a field which works out great.

However, I need to be able to provide a subtotal after each name changes, as well as have a total on the right.

Is there a way to do that?  

Thank you!

Updated note to include sample answer with the things I want in yellow highlight

15 REPLIES 15
gharding
7 - Meteor

I fixed one thing to make the totals be correct for the day and people.  However, I need to get a total for the week (will be 1 - 10).

@AGilbert you are a STAR!  Can you help me get it to the finish line?  Have learned a lot from this already, but don't want to screw it up.  Cheers,

Gary

AGilbert
11 - Bolide

Here is a solution. The previous workflow is inside a macro which works on each week's data at a time. Each week is returned with subtotals to the main workflow. Then the grand total is calculated before the final report is unioned together. I tried to add some notes to help explain. 

Only other new items is that a template of the headers is included at the end of the macro to handle situations where columns don't yet exist. 

Ask any questions you may have. 

gharding
7 - Meteor

I may do a way around it.  Do each week as a separate tab on an excel file - that may work.

Let me see how that goes.

Thanks

Gary

AGilbert
11 - Bolide

Are you just having trouble opening the .yxzp file? 

gharding
7 - Meteor

yes

but i am also trying to learn how to work around someting.

AGilbert
11 - Bolide

Ok, message here or pm if you need something. Screenshots or workflows always help. 

Labels