Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

A late hello from DataNath!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hello Alteryx community,

I probably should have done this a while ago. However, as the saying goes... better late than never, ey!?

My name is Nathan and I've recently switched careers from the world of Forensic Toxicology into the realm of Data Analysis/Consultancy! I am currently undergoing training at The Data School (The Information Lab) and will be soon heading out onto client placements. We routinely work with Tableau and Alteryx and also touch upon other parts of potential data stacks such as AWS, Snowflake, Salesforce and the likes! As of now, I'm particularly drawn to Alteryx because of the problem-solving aspect of it and am really loving engaging and getting involved more with the community - it's great to see how active things are here and I'm looking forward to contributing more and continuing to chip away at the weekly challenges!

Outside of work I like to stay active and train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, in which I have so far obtained a blue belt. I also love to travel, explore new places and experience other cultures!

Thanks for reading. Have a great day and see you around the forums!

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @DataNath,

I've seen some of your great work on the community and wanted to reach out! Vey cool transition from Forensics to Data Analysis, was there much overlap in skill sets? analytical chemistry does sound like a very unique challenge. Completely agree with your thoughts on Alteryx it does feel quite unique in the data analytics space for both the community and product. Look forward to seeing more of your great posts/answers especially as a fellow Northerner XD 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@IraWatt technically there's very little crossover - the majority of work was still done in Excel! However, the general need for understanding/processing data and problem solving was still there, as well as the soft skills from working in a dynamic team. Would be great to grab a coffee/pint and network if we can match up sometime when I'm back home!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DataNath Excel! That's outrageous I understand the move now 😄 Definitely will have to have a meet up, send a message over next time your up!      

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @DataNath

Great to have you in the community, keep up the activity, it's great to see :) 

Bulien
Labels