Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #96: Who Stole my Latte?

bo_peng2022
8 - Asteroid

My solution

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
distance tool filter download tool and then image tool
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge 96 Workflow Screenshot.png

Looks like the PSL was moved permanently - I think the image I was looking for returned a 301 error.

Interestingly Blob Convert to report Snippet was more robust than reporting images from blobs downloaded. Presumably because some of the images were not of the write format so the blob conversion was returning an error. Neat to know blob convert was more robust and returned NULLs for those values rather than just erroring the workflow.

Dina
9 - Comet

My solution.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 103046.png

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

As the most of url is no longer valid, I gave up to catch the thief.

Spoiler
image.png
williamnolan03
8 - Asteroid

Done!

lwolfie
10 - Fireball

I struggled with getting all the sites to download properly.  However, the answer is in my results.  So if the sites were up, it should work.  

Also, Love the Phone Number!

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

Everest_0-1700548000479.png

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

My solution below:

Spoiler
Same as some others I had difficulty with some of the image links not resolving correctly and causing issues with the download tool, so I stuck the download tool inside of a batch macro which at least meant that all of the filtered links that could be downloaded were meaning I could find the right image (which is still a working link)

challenge_96_RS_screencap.PNG
DanielG
12 - Quasar

Solved

Only 5 images were able to be downloaded now, but the suspect was still active and I figured out which line item it can from.  Still no idea where the name came from.  Didn't see it anywhere in the workflow data.

Regardless I figured out the culprit via the image.