Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

Towers
11 - Bolide

tough one!, me and @Pilsner tried this one together and came up with this! Fun one for sure! This works for blanks and non blanks, was really cool to work that part out.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-08-29 170420.pngScreenshot 2023-08-29 170433.png

  

Pilsner
10 - Fireball

Great challenge! Decided to attempt an expert challenge as my 100th challenge. Worked well with @Towers to come up with this solution. Took a while but we managed to create a macro that can do it for any number of blanks automatically. Here is our workflow/macro:

Spoiler
Workflow:
75.png
Macro:
75 (Macro).png

This is the top 15 results we got for each part:

Spoiler
No Blanks:

75 No Blanks.png

 One Blank:

75 1 blank.png

Two Blanks:

75 2 Blanks.png

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Went back in and corrected some logic that could not handle tilesets with multiple tiles of the same letter. This should now be dealt with.

Might pop back to accommodating blank tile at later date.

image.png
The iterative macro simply cycles through and removes 1 letter and creates a word. That way i have the 7 tile word, all 6 tile words and then all valid 5 tile words. I do assume that the top scorer will always be one of these so thats a potential oversight.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Solution for all three cases

Spoiler
image.png
mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
will need to redo smarter
lwolfie
11 - Bolide

Solved.  I also built it to include 1 blank tile.  It would be pretty easy to adapt for two.

hlombemalandela
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution

RasmusFormo
8 - Asteroid

Solved using an iterative macro 😊

Spoiler
scrabble.png

EDIT: I have since updated the flow so that Wildcards (blanks) net zero points, although i have not uploaded the updated file 

RasmusFormo
8 - Asteroid

Here is a screenshot of the addition (see my edit above)

Spoiler
scrabble.png
Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Unfortunately was not able to come to the same answer as the solution provided. I spent enough time on it and decided to just submit my solution as is.

Spoiler.PNG