Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #402: Parsing Equipment Tags

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here. 

This challenge was submitted by Jifeng Qiu (@Qiu)  and Motoi Tokimatsu (@Tokimatsu) , very engaged members of our Community.

Qiu and Tokimatsu, we appreciate your contributions to the Community!

In the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department of a chemical plant, equipment tags play a crucial role in managing equipment, including labeling pumps as distinct entities, such as P-101A and P-101B. The upstream Design department still prefers the old-fashioned way of creating tags and they usually concatenate tags into forms like P-101A/B or P-101A-B. This approach creates a headache for the downstream department's data processing. 

Equipment_Tag.png

Your task this week is to parse these concatenated equipment tags, making life smoother for everyone involved. Ensure the new tags start from the first letter and end with the last letter sequentially.

Create an Alteryx workflow to sequentially generate new equipment tags based on the provided dataset. For instance, if you have P-101A/E, the output should be P-101A, P-101B, P-101C, P-101D, and P-101E.

Embark on this adventure and untangle those equipment tags with precision and efficiency!

Good luck!

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-11-28 002224.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Done! Fun challenge 😊

Spoiler
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not sure why it won't let me insert a photo on my previous post, but here's the screenshot

Spoiler
Challenge 402.PNG
mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
Workflow_402.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

here's my take - next time I'll build a more efficient flow than this one

Spoiler
quite some steps as far as I'm concernedquite some steps as far as I'm concerned
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
alacoume
8 - Asteroid

My solution: 

Spoiler
Challenge_402.jpg
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula