Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #400: A Thanksgiving Challenge to Keep You Occu-pied

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here

Can you believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner? We can already smell the delicious turkey, hear the laughter of family and friends, and feel the excitement for Black Friday deals. But let's not forget the most important part: dessert! Thanks, Kenda Sanderson (@Kenda)  for submitting the idea for this holiday challenge!

This year, your family asked you to decorate the house and bring a home-baked pie that will blow everyone's mind. But you are too busy with work to bake, so you need to purchase decorations and buy a pie that tastes just like homemade, all before you run out of time!

So, what's your secret weapon to save your family’s feast? It's Alteryx Designer!

In this challenge, you have four tasks:thanksgiving-autumn_FAOI1VDJBI.jpg

1. Find the nearest decoration store from your home address.
  2. Identify the 10 highest-rated bakeries in Indianapolis with over 100 reviews, sorted by stars and the number of reviews.
  3. Identify the highest-rated bakeries within a 1-mile radius of the decoration store you found in Task 1.
  4. Calculate the total travel distance from your home to the decoration store and then to the highest-rated bakeries.

You have access to three datasets: the first contains your home address, the second has the addresses of decoration stores in Indianapolis, and the third comprises ratings as well as latitude and longitude data for local bakeries (all fictional data).

Being able to solve this challenge is not pie in the sky, you can do it!

Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

I can see only two datasets in my workflow. Is it the case for you?

Task 1 attached

Edit : Solution attached with Kenda's data

mmotte628
8 - Asteroid

Where is the bakery data set?

ds_tomalexsmith
8 - Asteroid

Bakeries? 😑

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

400.png

Used filtered data for bakeries from Task 2 answer. Will update solution once the Bakeries data is uploaded.

Updated solution based on the bakeries data shared by @Kenda.

Spoiler
400.png
DataNath
17 - Castor

My solution to #400 - no data for the bakeries.

Spoiler
400 - 1.png
AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi everyone,

We apologize for any inconvenience! The initial file has been corrected.

You should be able to solve the challenge now! 😉

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

@AYXAcademy 

I'm still not seeing the bakery data.

Included is solution to problem 1

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
image.png

An example of how it might look with bakery data to update later

mmotte628
8 - Asteroid

I just downloaded the new version and I am still not seeing that bakery data input