Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #398: Generating Time Intervals

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here. 

This is a challenge that our Community members regularly mention, and kudos to @alexnajm  for submitting it with precision. Alex, thanks for your valuable contribution. We recognize the value of the real-life problems our users face, as they serve as great learning opportunities! 

Image_Clock.jpg

With the holiday season approaching, a distribution center is gearing up to organize its employees' shifts fairly for everyone. They realized that there are some 30-minute time intervals missing from the provided list, which currently spans from 19:00h to 10:30h. The intervals from 11:00h through 18:30h need to be added to the bottom of the data.

Generating these time intervals is typically straightforward with dates and the Generate Rows tool, but it becomes more challenging when working with times.

Your task is to build a workflow that creates these missing time intervals.

Please note that simply adding new records to the existing Text Input tool or creating a separate Text Input tool with the missing times is not a suitable solution, as the starting time may change in the future.

Have fun!

benjimoser
9 - Comet

My Solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-11-13 122936.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-11-13 215038.png

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

It is very lucky to solve 2 new challenges(#398 & #399) on the same day.

Spoiler
image.png
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks @AYXAcademy for posting my weekly challenge submission! Here is my solution, but happy to see others already 😊

Spoiler
Challenge 398.PNG
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
sergejs_kutkovics
9 - Comet

My try!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG