Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #394: Fantasy Football Team

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

UserGroup_Takeover_Banner.png

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here. 

This challenge is the final selection for the Weekly Challenge User Group October Takeover event, and it was contributed by Talia Sanders (@tsand22), a member of the Indianapolis User Group. We extend our gratitude to Talia for your valuable contribution, and we are excited for everyone to dive into this challenge!

In this challenge, you are the manager of a Fantasy Football team, tasked with making draft picks before your league starts. Your dataset includes details on the first-round draft order, the total number of teams in the league, and players' overall rankings; however, the draft extends beyond a single round.

quarterback-4020388_1280.jpg

For this challenge, you must complete three tasks:

1. Build a workflow that snakes the draft order so that Round 1 starts with Team 1 and ends with Team 6, then Round 2 starts with Team 6 and ends with Team 1. This alternating pattern continues for five more rounds, unfolding as follows:

• Round 1: Team 1 to Team 6
  • Round 2: Team 6 to Team 1
  • Round 3: Team 1 to Team 6
  • Round 4: Team 6 to Team 1
  • Round 5: Team 1 to Team 6

2. Identify the top 6 players for each listed position. These positions include kicker, running back, quarterback, tight end, and wide receiver.

3. Determine the draft order for each round and players selected, including team and position.

Note: Assume that every team manager in the league has agreed to select players for the same position in each round. For example, everyone will pick a kicker in Round 1. By the end of Round 5, each team should have one player for each position. Also assume that the draft picks will go in order of the players’ rankings.

Source: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/consensus-cheatsheets.php

Challenge Update on October 25thThe authorship for this challenge has been corrected today, and it is now accurately credited to the rightful author. We sincerely apologize for any prior confusion.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-10-23 234035.png

bsanders2009
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge, and I'm excited to see how others provide a more efficient way of solving this!

Spoiler
Alteryx Challenge 394.png
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
394.jpg
nSpire
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
394.png
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution for Designer Cloud!!

Designer Experience

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-10-24 002926.png

Designer Experience doesn't have MOD expression.

Trifacta Classic

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-10-24 002942.png

スクリーンショット 2023-10-24 002951.png

スクリーンショット 2023-10-24 002959.png

スクリーンショット 2023-10-24 003006.png

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
image.png
This challenge went better than my current fantasy football league! jahmyr gibbs needs to deliver soon!
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
image.png

Went for some Generate Rows fun for this one just to see if it worked

StevenP
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

Spoiler
image.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor