Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #393: Find the Best Yarn

MatthewGrant12
8 - Asteroid

Solution

TurboToad
10 - Fireball

My solution.

Spoiler
393.PNG

StevenP
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

Spoiler
image.png
Grouped together "Other" fiber_type_names under Vegetables to match the solution provided for Task 2.

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

A nice challenge, thank you!   I enjoyed the topic.  For tasks 2 & 3 my avg rating numbers were slightly off, I re-checked my steps and do not see anything I missed  - I made the required exclusions for count of ratings and "NA/Nulls' for 'Percent' field.  Let me know if you can tell what might be missing. Thanks!2023-10-17_11-16-21.png

plozbin
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge. My solution:

Spoiler
Alteryx Weekly Challenge 393 Solution.png

braveraj
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Alteryx Yarn workflow.pngYarn Result 2.pngYarn Result 3.png
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
image.png

Had fun doing this challenge while on vacation using Alteryx Cloud.

kevinsparacino
5 - Atom

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

I like the Plot of Means as a way to visualize this, in addition.

Personally, I'd considered Bison and Yak, since their confidence interval shows that they have no significant difference in rating.Yarn Data Challenge.png

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

If yarn and Alteryx are your jam, come join us!  Crateryx is for anyone who intersects between fiber arts, and Alteryx.

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14285801/

And watch that some yarns have multiple types of fibers.  Have to use the predominant fiber type.  If it was 50% Merino, 25% Cashmere, and 25% yak, then only go forward with the Merino.  Consider the rating to be based on the Merino.