Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #387: LEGO® My Data (Part 2)

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_387.JPG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

reposting as this submission seems to be not included in the summary table

Spoiler
image listimage listApp workflowApp workflowreportreportapp interfaceapp interfacebuilding hierarchybuilding hierarchyget imageget image
Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid
Zephyrus
6 - Meteoroid

Note that this challenge #387 is not currently listed in the Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 2) - Alteryx Community

Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AYXAcademy any updates? why is not available in the list?

Thanks in advance

Sebastian 

raeaton
8 - Asteroid

A fun one! Created a chained app so only the years associated will appear. 

Spoiler
Challenge_387_Solution_RE_App1.PNG
Spoiler
Challenge_387_Solution_RE_App2.PNG
Spoiler
Challenge_387_Solution_RE_PDFPirates.PNG

Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

Hi @raeaton 

Great job!!!

I really like your solution with chain apps. 👏

Thanks,

Sebastian 

danbostrom
8 - Asteroid

It looks like there's a mistake in the solution. I had an issue when using the values Airport (for Collection Name) and 2001 (for Year Released) in the app. The app itself worked, the webscraping worked, and the batch macro worked; it was the Image tool that was the problem. I got a "Blob is not a recognized image type" error for only one of the four Lego sets (Model Number 2718-1). The other three (and a number of others from other inputs to the app) worked perfectly well. The challenge acknowledged this as a possible error, saying, "If a JPG image gives an error that it is in the wrong blob format, then use payload parameters Content-Typ: application/png and Content-Disposition: attachment."

I tried this, downloading the solution and copying this configuration exactly from the second Download tool, but the error persisted. It can't have been due to the file type (as stated in the challenge) because the problematic image wasn't the only JPG one. In fact, the same issue exists in the solution but it was initially masked due to an error with the macro. Using the default values for the app (Airport and 2001) in the solution workflow, there were four different Lego sets entering into the macro and only two different Lego sets exiting the macro, with one of them duplicated across three different rows. Since the problematic record was one of the ones that was dropped by the macro, there was no error message when running the app but the answers provided are definitely wrong and the error persists when I circumvent the macro and put the problematic record through the Image tool. The image included in the start file as the expected output is also wrong (and consistent with the broken macro); it has three rows with the Sky Pirates set and one with the Aeroplane set (instead of four rows with four different sets).

I wasn't able to get the Image tool to work so I've uploaded two workflows: one with the error (which works when selecting a number of other combinations of values in the app, like Airport and 1999) and one without the Image tool. Instead, I used a Blob Convert tool to convert the blobs to report snippets and displayed them in a Browse tool, rather than using the Render tool to create a PDF.

Let me know if you've had the same issue or if you know how to fix this.

toby49
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-04-30 104342.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 104957.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 104206.png

   

My solution