Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #378: Inspire 2023 Grand Prix (Round 1)

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here.

  

Challenge_378_Image.pngThis week's challenge marks the beginning of a trilogy of challenges inspired by the 2023 Inspire Grand Prix. These challenges delve into real-life scenarios that numerous companies encounter on a regular basis. The initial challenge focuses on the preparation and integration of data, and the second challenge revolves around spatial problem-solving. The third and final challenge entails tackling a predictive case.

If you are eager to experience the same exhilaration our racers feel in Las Vegas, take a quick, 2-minute glance at the instructions, start your timer, and record how long it takes you to determine the correct answers! Remember to share your time when you submit your workflow.

Let’s start now: 3, 2, 1, Go!

A company called ACE collects donated food products and delivers them to customers in different locations. They calculate the weight of each product by product type. Using the provided datasets:

Considering only trips where products were collected with a successful Closed Reason, determine the highest total weight collected by a customer on a single day (all product types combined).

1. What is the highest weight of product collected from a single customer on a single day? Note that some customers have multiple trips in a day.
  2. What is that customer's ID and the collection date?

Next, calculate the total successfully collected weight for all customers on that date.

1. What is the total weight of products collected from all customers that day? 
  2. What percentage (for example 23%, not 0.23) of the products collected that day did the customer from Question 1 contribute? Round your answer to the nearest integer.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Hmm not getting the same answer as the given output... Maybe the pressure of the Grand Prix is getting to me and I'm missing something 

Capture.PNG

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Same answers as @Kenda 

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Always easier when not on stage :)

Spoiler
c378.png
LynnPätzold
8 - Asteroid

It took me roughtly 15min. Afterwards I tried to find desperatly my "mistake", but I got the same answer as @Kenda :)

Spoiler
Unbenannt.PNG

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide

See solution attached.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-03 174927.png

Same answer as others. 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Unmatched solution attached.

Spoiler

Same as @Kenda 

And in the Python Tool,

Spoiler
#################################
from ayx import Alteryx
import pandas as pd
df = Alteryx.read('#1')

#################################
df = df[(df.ClosedReason.str.contains('01. Successful')) \
        & (df['JobTypeName - simple']=='Collected')]

df['Weight'] = df.sum(axis=1)
df['Date'] = df['Date.Time.Customer'].str.extract('([\d-]{10})')
df['Customer'] = df['Date.Time.Customer'].str.extract('Customer:(\d+)')
df = df[['Customer', 'Weight', 'Date']]

# Get Date and Customer of highest weight collected
df2 = df.groupby(['Date', 'Customer'])['Weight'].sum().nlargest(1).reset_index()

# Combine with other data on same Date
df3 = pd.merge(df, df2, on='Date', suffixes=('Total', ''))

# Get Total Weight for that date
df4 = df3.groupby(['Date', 'Weight','Customer'])['WeightTotal'].sum().reset_index()

# Calculate Percentage
df4['Percent'] = round(100 * df4['Weight'] / df4['WeightTotal'], 0).astype(int).astype(str)+'%'
df4

MatteoReddavide
8 - Asteroid

Not the same results of the soloution, but I see I'm not the only one 🤗

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-03 170149.png
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Good challenge!

Spoiler
Same answer as others...