Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #374: Using Iterative Macros

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

workflow

Spoiler
374 workflow.png

macro

Spoiler
374 iterative macro.png
OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

It may be cheating but I couldn't find another way to do it. I changed the input to include a 'Factorial' column.

Spoiler
374.png

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

I was using the iteration number, when I really only needed to look at record 1 each time. Once I corrected that to filter the numbers one at a time and fixed the size to Int64 I was able to get the solution.

AR_challenge374.JPG

Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx

The only way I could get this to work was to add a "Factorial" column to the starting Text Input tool that was given to us. I kept getting errors when I tried to include it in my macro. 

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

This is my solution:

• Added support field to accumulate the factorial result.
  • My macro features a lovely n! icon.
  • I implemented error handling, if we request the factorial of a negative number or non-integer we get an error message on the workflow's Results messages pane.
  • The output also feature an extra column, Error Message for any error processing the number.
Spoiler
c-374-01.png
Macro's workflow; the Yellow-Red arrows points to the error traps, and error messages.
c-374-04.png
After excution the macro gets a red-exclamation sign, and the Workflow results describe the errors.
c-374-02.png

Finally, the macro returns the Error Message column.

c-374-03.png

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

Done

SaiKrishna2589
8 - Asteroid

Pretty cool learning and understanding of Iterative macro

LorenzNacilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 374 Solution.png

DataCruncher3
7 - Meteor

The select tool had to be used in the main workflow to convert the data type. I have tried outputting the values, however, in the macro workflow, it was importing the values as double.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 114544.png