Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

afnfyz
8 - Asteroid

This was quite difficult.

Spoiler
I had all the values parsed out, finding the patterns that made each of them unique wasn't too hard but the logic of creating headers and record ids to group by totally skipped my mind so had to go and approach the problem differently. Learned a lot from this.
Still ended up with ~40 records short though. Must have been due to some error in the logic I used during parsing.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 230617.png

shrestha_nitesh
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 20.png

iamBenSmith
7 - Meteor
Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-10-25 092014.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

This was tough, and I definitely didn't find all the structures that would have helped me simplify my workflow.

Spoiler
Workflow.png
ds_tomalexsmith
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 20 (flow).png

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

My solution below:

Spoiler
challenge_20_RS_screencap.PNG
caitlynmcintyre
9 - Comet

I was so confident about this but the random inconsitencies absolutely killed me. I have four records that don't match the example output as i extracted the trailing numbers into the Phone column.

I'm not familiar enough with US addressing to know if this is some sort of extra postal code but looked like phone numbers to me

Spoiler
20.png

BrianJohnson
8 - Asteroid

I'm better at parsing thanks to the challenge

Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

MySolution

Zhengyi
8 - Asteroid

This is a great challenge. It took me so much time to compare my output with the solution output because my workflow gave me several more records than the answer and then I have to find out the abnormal records and adjust my regex_match formular to correctly flag the abnormal records. Teach me to carefully investigate the output file in real work situation when there is no standard answer there.