Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #103: Just another game?

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
finished this
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I end up with just creating linear regression model as I know nothing about football, which is not famous in Japan

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
My model mirrors the posted solution heavily. However, my goal with this challenge was to gain more experience with data investigation tools. Glad to use the Association Analysis tool and I think I actually understand why the variables were used in the model. 
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

DataAnalyst23_0-1701243129566.png

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

revisiting to prep for the expert exam

using R4.2.3 it is really hard to do predictive analytics to due absence of RevoScaleR, weird issues with HTML GUI and models breaking down.... time to manage our own R environments I guess

Spoiler
I love the copy to macro functionality. helps to organise the workflow some more ..allowing the use of all data results in a very poor model fit, so I treat it as just another gameI love the copy to macro functionality. helps to organise the workflow some more ..allowing the use of all data results in a very poor model fit, so I treat it as just another game

Attached my solution!

Spoiler
Challenge 103 solution.png

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Used all regular season games and the following 4 attributes to train the model - opponent score, total yards, passing yards, rushing yards.

Accuracy % on the training data was 80% and accuracy on the testing set (2 superbowl games) was 81%.

Based on that, you would think it is just another game. But it is too small of a sample size to make definitive conclusions. More investigation required.

Spoiler.PNG

Angelica_Obi
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler

terry10
11 - Bolide

Data types tripped me up at first.