Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @TheOC, I have the same issue now. Believe it worked two weeks ago at least. 

Might just be temporary, otherwise we can give @Hannah_Lissaman a friendly poke to update her excellent tool 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TheOC ,

Here is a personal tracker of mine. I just tested it now.

You can give it a try. If you run into any error you can give me a shout.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Per , yeah i had been running this yesterday to test/play with generating reports, so I know it was working then, must have been broken at some point in the last 24 hours. Error 500 suggests to me its server based but I cant see why it wouldn't be fine as the URL loaded manually from a browser works fine!

@atcodedog05 Thanks for sharing your personal tracker! 

Bulien
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It appears as though the base URL for the index is not exposing the data within XML table tags to the download tool. These are returning as blank. When I go into the page source, I go to inspect the page elements the element for the tables and the source is blank:

mceleavey_0-1601464956233.png

Odd.

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mceleavey , interesting - 
I seem to get the page elements loading on my side without problem:

TheOC_0-1601473620398.png

even with the table, I'm curious if something has been changed to require the get request to have some kind of header, but can't seem to figure out why/what.

EDIT: 
just tried in postman and it seems to work fine, no defined headers just default:

TheOC_0-1601473943907.png

EDIT 2:
seems to be cookie based -  postman gives a 500 internal server error, but if i clear cookies it works again:

TheOC_0-1601474460752.png

TheOC_1-1601474485712.png

TheOC_2-1601474489463.png

Bulien
manojeaswaran
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I just submitted my response to the latest challenge. Can you please let me know how is it calculated/reviewed as completed? That is how would I know that I have completed this challenge successfully?

Thank you in advance!

- Manoj

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@manojeaswaran 
I think no one is reviewing or evaluating your response.
The provide tool pinned at top of this forum would consider you complete the challenge even you only replied a message.

Alekh
9 - Comet

Ok, it was a quick fix. Changed it to parse this URL instead and to replace the < and > html to ASCII.

EDIT: Removed duplicate challenges

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hey @Alekh, the download is working now but you have duplicate Challenges at the end of the flow. A simple fix but easier for you to update on the master version 🙂 

Sam 

Alekh
9 - Comet

Thanks, good find, didn't check the final result properly 😛