This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
The link to last week’s challenge (challenge #19) is HERE. For this week’s challenge we need to clean up an unformatted text file with unstructured data.
Use Case: A sales executive got a series of leads from the DMA conference. Unfortunately it’s a text file that we want to restructure into a tabular form to load into Salesforce.
The result should be a table formatted the same as the output sample.
As always there are many ways to approach the same problem in Alteryx. I am looking forward hear about some of your solutions.
Great challenge, spent 45 minutes to get this done!
Painful but useful exercise!
Again, I went the long way around, compared to @TaraM & @GeneR - notes and solution below.
I've got a Marquee Crew solution.
This one was BRUTAL for me. I will not admit how long I've been battling this one... but I can now safely say that RegEx and I are close friends now, both in tool and formula form, and that I now have a deep-seated dislike for non-standard formatted addresses and phone numbers...
This challenge was difficult for me. It really highlighted the importance of testing your output vs. the given output. That's how I found the "RFI ." and the two phone numbers starting with 1- that I missed during my initial data inspection. I added in a testing section to the end of my workflow if anyone has a more efficient way to test the two outputs are identical I welcome feedback.
This one was a real head scratcher, it took a lot longer than I thought it would! I had to peek at the solution to get some help parsing some of the addresses.